International Trade Law; Competition & Antitrust Law
+55 (11) 3165-3005
Denise Junqueira is a licensed attorney in São Paulo and New York.
Her experience includes several complex merger control cases, negotiation of remedies and multi-jurisdictional transactions across various industries such as telecommunication, transportation, banking, pharmaceutical, food/beverage and energy.
Denise assists clients with the design and implementation of tailored compliance programs and represents them in anti-competitive practices investigations, including abuse of dominance and cartel. She also advises clients on competitor collaborations, exchange of competitively sensitive information, merger compliance, distribution arrangements and vertical restraints.
Denise serves several foreign clients leveraging from her 5-year experience in the U.S., including positions at the U.S. Government (FTC), academia (NYU Law School), law firm and consulting firm.
Moreover, Denise Junqueira has extensive experience in trade matters representing clients before the Brazilian Foreign Trade Chamber. Denise advises clients in feasibility and risk analyses, as well as in investigations for the imposition of trade remedies, including antidumping, safeguards and countervailing duties. Additionally, she assists national manufacturers, importers, exporters, and any other parties intent on seeking and defending their interests before the Brazilian Foreign Trade Chamber in every stage of the investigation, from drafting change proposals to responding to the questionnaires sent out by the Subsecretariat for Commercial Defense and Public Interest.
- Bachelor of Law from PUC
- Bachelor of Economics from USP
- LL.M. in Trade Regulation from NYU Law School
Portuguese, English, Spanish and French
- Leaders League – Rising Star
- The Legal 500 – Next Generation Partner
- Co-authored the paper “Controle de estruturas: estatísticas do Tribunal do Cade em 2020 e possibilidade de mudanças em 2021”, Estadão, published in January 2021;
- Co-authored the chapter “Brazil: Anti-cartel Enforcement” of the book “Americas Antitrust Review 2021” by GCR Insight, published in Oct. 2020;
- Co-authored the paper “The Future Of Merger Review: New Perspectives For “Associative Agreements”, Ibrac, published in Aug. 2020;
- Co-authored the paper “Protocolo antitruste: criar paper trail das ações é forma mais segura de agir”, Conjur, June 2020;
- Contributed with the article “Competition concerns involving the credit card industry: a first look”, published in the book “Law and Technology” by Cascione Pulino Boulos Advogados.
- Contributed in the Brazilian Chapter of the Competition Litigation Comparative Guide, The Legal 500, Aug. 2019.
- Co-authored the paper “What are the antitrust challenges faced by the payment industry?”, Ibrac, Mar. 2019
- Interviewed by Getting the Deal Through – Market Intelligence, on Merger Review Updates in Brazil, Aug. 2018.
- Co-authored the paper “What are the Perils for Gun-Jumping in Brazil?”, Ibrac, Apr. 2018.
- Co-authored the paper “Changes in the Landscape: Trends in Global Merger Control”, CPI, Aug. 2017
- “Latin American Merger Control: A Picture of Recent Years and a Closer Look Into 2016”, ABA, Section of Antitrust Law, International Antitrust Bulletin, Jul. 2017
- “Brazilian Horizontal Merger Control: Efficiencies Analysis”, ABA, Section of Antitrust Law, International Antitrust Bulletin, Mar. 2016.
- “Loyalty Discounts,” ABA YLD Antitrust Practice Series, Mar. 2013.
- “Service of Brazilian Process Abroad in an Era of Global Economic Integration: A Call For Cooperation Between Antitrust Authorities,” ABA Section of the Antitrust Law, Cartel & Criminal Practice, June 2012 Newsletter.
- Co-authored the paper “The Brazilian Leniency Program: The Path Towards Effectiveness” for the ABA Section of Antitrust Law – 60th Antitrust Spring Meeting, Mar. 2012.
- “A Comparative Analysis of Competition Law in Brazil and the USA,” Boletim Jurídico Trimestral, Peixoto e Cury Advogados, Lawgico 58, July/Aug./Sept. 2011.
- Contributed in UNCTAD’s “Model Law on Competition (2010)” under the supervision of Prof. Eleanor M. Fox, Aug. 2010.
- Wrote the paper “Segurança Jurídica e Atração de Investimentos” for the I Brazilian Congress of Civil Service organized by Advocacia Geral da União, June 2008.
- (Português do Brasil) ICN | (Português do Brasil) Conferência Anual Virtual da International Competition Network
- (Português do Brasil) PaRR | (Português do Brasil) CADE tribunal imposed record structural remedies in 2020- Analytics